5 July 2011

i'm obsessed with...maps and globes

Oh how I love maps. And globes. I love the colours and shapes. I love antique ones, colourful ones, black and white ones, and pocket ones. World and country maps are great, but so are park maps, town maps and subway maps. There is something majestic about looking at where you have been and where you want to go. I've had a globe since I was a kid, and you will always find me studying a map whenever I am travelling. So I am so glad to see so many ways in which maps and globes are being used to decorate at home. Such a great way to add character!

via Elle Decor

map ceiling via martha stewart

via petal and pine

via desire to inspire

via Elle Decor

S
via Martha Stewart

via apartment therapy

via anastasia verali

via apartment therapy

via Martha Stewart
from Etsy
from Etsy


So do you love this trend too?


2 comments :

  1. Definitely loving the maps and globes. Have you seen the chalkboard globes? Delish!
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shannon, I know, I just saw the chalkboard versions. What a great idea. Of course I love chalkboard paint on many things...
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Thanks for making my day!