5 March 2012

monday refresh: spring table setting

Yep, I've got Spring fever. It was such a nice weekend that I decked out my table in a yellow-themed Spring setting for lunch. 



If you're a follower you know that I'm all about refreshing your home using things you already have and thinking twice before making a new purchase. In this new feature, "monday refresh" I'll share ideas and inspiration on how to make your home sustainably stylish. 



To change up my table and therefore the feel of my dining area, I decided on a fresh colour pallet of yellow, white and natural browns. My dining chairs are rosewood, and I have two round place mats in the same colouring. To continue the natural theme, I used jute rope and branches to fancy up the white napkins, and filled clear vases with fresh daisies and yellow tulips. I added lemons to a vintage basket. 



What I did buy new are two yellow bowls from Crate & Barrel. Lovely additions, don't you think? Just those two little things among my own stuff creates a whole new look in my dining space. 


I also carried the look to my credenza, where I put a yellow candle in a lantern that I brought in from the deck, and used more daisies in a vintage crock vase. 


I hope this inspires you to open up your cupboards and closets and find some things to refresh your home for Spring. 


8 comments :

  1. I love the infusion of yellow, it is so fresh. Lemons are a perfect pop of color. Your amazing pictures do a great job in showing us how you have brough spring into the home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pretty spring table setting is making this cold winter day a little more cheery :-) I love how you've used things that you already have, and just added a couple of new pieces that complement them.

    Sustainable styling is a great idea for a weekly feature - looking forward to seeing & reading more :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yellow is such a great spring color; it's hard not to smile when you seem yellow tulips or daffodils. Lovely table setting! I think I need to go buy some lemons...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fresh for spring!! Love the lemons!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I join you for lunch? I love lunch! But it seems at my house it is more on the go. You make me want to slow down! Beautiful setting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very refreshing! Reminds me of an english tea! Love those yellow bowls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Counting down the days until spring now! And what a beautiful table setting! I feel motivated to go home and go through my cupboards to see what I can come up with!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Thanks for making my day!