17 June 2012

quick refresh: closet organization

Well I finally refreshed my walk-in bedroom closet this weekend, and made it much more organized - and pretty, of course! It took only a couple of hours but it made a big difference.

First, I hung a curtain across the opening using a tension shower rod. I also grouped all of my hanging clothes onto the same hangers for a cohesive look and used open boxes on top shelves for closed storage.


Next, I utilized the blank wall for shoe and bag storage. I hung some pieces of molding cut to size at the hardware store. I used screws that I painted over after. On the top row I added antique door knobs on which to hang bags and scarves. 


The bottom two pieces of molding were left blank and make great hangers for my heels. 



I also hung up my belts on dollar store hangers, and added a covered bench on which I can throw hats. 

Hope this gives you inspiration for your own closet organization!

Oh, and I'm also honoured to have been interviewed and featured over at Jennifer Cederstam's wonderful blog today, so hop on over and check it out. And then check out the rest of her site as well. 

8 comments :

  1. Ooooh! Seriously coveting your closet! I did a little organising over the weekend too but sadly, mine is still not as neat as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that it is so organize! I wish I have some space like this one.

    custom sheds

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, I'm so envious of your totally organised closet! Mine is such a complete mess - my organization skills are so seriously lacking. I just feel overwhelmed when I look at the mess and don't know where to start. Your closet has given me some ideas - thanks for the inspiration :-)

    Now I'm off to check out your interview....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so pretty and organized. Mine could use a refresh for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the inspiration! I need help for sure, my closet stays a disaster area. I wish it looked half as nice as yours. I love your molding idea for hanging your heels, it is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great make-over! Love the ideas you've incorporated, especially the antique glass door knobs, and the way you've hung your heels. Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great change! I especially love your heels storage idea which I think is ingenious and so uncalled for. I would have probably just ply open those unused moldings because they look so redundant and out of place. I guess all you need is some creativity and there you have an extra storage solution without the extra money spent. A job well done!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Thanks for making my day!